Standard shingle roofing requires regular replacement. With the housing boom in Toronto and Mississauga, there are new construction projects that require experienced roofers regularly. By working with Home Star you can have confidence knowing that you have some of the best experts with you on the job. We can deliver quality shingle roofing for any new construction project as well as perform replacement shingling when your older shingles have worn out.
If your shingles in the GTA and Mississauga area are starting to come up or leave bare patches in your roof it’s important to contact us immediately so that we can make recommendations on the best shingles to install with your residential/business roof. We can identify some of the best shingles that will give you the longest possible lifespan for your roof. We also perform shingle removal and replacement with great efficiency and the utmost safety. Our qualified and trained staff have generations of experience in shingle roofing.
The first question we get at Homestar roofing is “How do you know if you need to replace your single roof”. The first thing you need to know is that shingles in Canada typically last for 15 to 20 years. So, if you see any of the signs that I about to tell you then most likely you need a new roof.
- One of the first signs of replacing your single roof is you will start to see the corner curling up. If you can see one curling it might be a faulty shingle and can be replaced but, if you see multiple shingles then you should call our Homestar estimator to come out and evaluate the situation.
- The second bad roof sign is noticing bald spots where the small granules are missing on the shingle. Again, if you see a one-off it might be a faulty shingle and can be replaced. When you see multiple shingles losing the granules in different areas it is time to give us a call. Let us come with our ladders and check out the roof properly.
- The third way of checking to see if you need a new shingle roof is the sign of cracked shingles. If you notice cracks or pieces missing then it is a good indication that the roof needs to be replaced. Once more, make sure the cracks are throughout your roof and not isolated in one spot. If it is in one spot it could be repaired and you can hold off for more years before replacing the roof. It’s called saving you money! LOL
- The fourth way to check that the shingle roof bad is very easy. Go outside look up at your shingle roof and if it just looks old and worn out it probably is!. This what we call the logical approach.
- Now the final way to check your shingle roof is to check out the neighbors and see if they are getting new shingle roofs. Most houses are built around the same time and if their roofs are being done most likely your does as well.
Note: If you decide to check your shingles on your roof, do it from the ground. Do not attempt to get on the roof yourself. Leave that part to our shingle roof specialists. This is what we do for a living and we follow strict safety procedures so we don’t get injured or injure someone else. Homestar roofing is only a simple call away and we do not mind inspecting your roof! We love it!
Shingle Colours and Styles
When you go to select a shingle, you should look for a colour that works with your exterior siding, bricks, soffits, siding, and trim. The most common colours are Black, dark brown, dark gray, and light brown. This also can allow you to be creative by using bold or new colours to stand out, or choose a colour that blends perfectly. Our sales representative can also provide samples to check how a particular color looks against your house. Our shingle suppliers have many different styles, colours and shapes to choose from which makes it easy for you to choose the perfect shingle.
Put Your Trust In Us
Our Customers Love Us!
Since starting Home Star Roofing, we have installed, repaired and maintained many roofs while meeting many happy customers along the way. Check out what our customers have to say about us!
Watch Our Videos
Interested in seeing us work? Cool! We take high quality videos of our work before, during and after using high-tech drone technology. Click the link below to watch some of our videos!